Monday 18 April 2011

Forgeworld Avatar Started

So I have had this model sitting for some time. ever since Forgeworld released it I wanted it and not long after that I purchased it. Now for years I have only painted under the rule that I must try to paint an army. This has not got me far, but since I recently went ah screw it and am now painting what I want to paint, I thought i'd give him a go.

This is work in progress and I am still learning how to get the whole glowing burning magma effect going but so far I am exceptionally pleased with the result.

Feel free to comment and so on and if anyone wants to know how I achieved it I will let them know to the best of my ability. For those of you who are thinking 'did he undercoat it?', I did however I used army painter's grey undercoat. I then ran a thin coat of bad moon yellow over all the magma parts so there was a very light internal colour to show the almost white hot heat of his interal gubbins.

No comments:

Post a Comment